Despite my previous post there will be no walnut patches on the table top. I ended up covering that with a cherry patch, I didn’t like the way the walnut was such a stark contrast with the cherry. I did however add a few more cherry patches to cover some blemishes and hold some cracks together.
After the first coat it was looking pretty ghostly but after two more coats it was looking great. The milk paint was easy to mix and went on fairly smooth. There were a few clumps here and there but it wasn’t too much of an issue.
And there it is, all finished and sitting in our dining room. The top is held on by buttons that slide into 1/4″ slots in the end braces and are secured to the top with screws.
Now on to the next project. You may remember quite some time ago that I was working on a bed, well that got put on hold for a bathroom renovation, then a table and then a baby. But now it’s time to revisit it and get it done, so stay tuned.